- What is this thing that you’re doing??
This is graphic recording and I’m a graphic recorder or a sketchnoter. I listen, process and draw key contents of presentations into visual notes. There are others out there that do this, too. This is a growing field.
- Do you get to see the presentation materials beforehand?
No, I just take a jump into the deep end and improvise, go with the flow. That’s my superpower. That and speaking Finnish.
- Is that an iPad you’re working with?
Yes, I work with my iPad Pro. It’s the newest model. And yes: I have an Apple pencil.
- What is the drawing app that you use?
The app that I use is Adobe Fresco. There’s a monthly fee for it as it is an Adobe product.
- Have you tried any other drawing apps?
Yes, I have. But I don’t like them: they’re either too complicated to use or they don’t produce vector quality.
- Do we get to see the visuals after the event?
Yes, you get to see the drawings afterwards e.g. on Twitter and probably on the event website.
- What is your background? We’re you trained in graphics?
I used to be a language teacher. I taught Swedish language. I studied Nordic Philology, English and pedagogical studies. I’m not a professional graphic designer. Instead, I’m self-taught.
- But how do you do it?
I have a weird brain.
Any other questions? Feel free to comment and ask.